Kenya: Thousands of Miles

When I was in Kenya I walked hand-in-hand with two children to their home in the middle of the slums. On my left was the brother named Lawrence-- he was only eight. On my right was a girl named Laura who was eleven. As we walked in silence the girl stopped me and held my hand with both of hers and she whispered to me, "I love you very much."

Music


Tuesday, August 19, 2008

INTRODUCTION

It has taken me almost the entire summer to write about Kenya. I decided to write this journal so that my supporters could have an idea of what happened on this trip and how their money was provided so we could touch countless lives. Also, I felt that if anyone was curious about a missions trip they could have a first account experience of one that went smoothly in Kenya. We were only there for a little more than two weeks but we reached out to thousands of lives in this time. Also, I would love to go on a trip like this again, but it is not easy to get away from the hustle and bustle of life and nor is it easy to find those that will support you. If you want to read through my journal I suggest going back to the first post. Please keep in mind this is only one person's experience of this trip. I have also included several pictures-- some of which are mine and some our from other team members. All of the pictures, except for the ones in the politics and AIDS post, were taken on this trip.



1 comment:

Geetahwoo said...

Wow! you're really doing great things for the Lord. Do continue in serving God's people. God will surely honor you. You are doing great. I am proud of you. I will continue to view this site. =)

http://xanga.com/guitarwu

Slideshow